We’re excited to formally announce that Kelly Bernardo was selected and has begun her new role as the Coordinator of Service-Learning. In this role, Kelly will manage all student-facing initiatives, presentations, and events, with a specific focus on service-learning experiences prior to a student’s senior year. Kelly earned her Bachelor’s in Psychology and her Master’s in Counselor Education, both from the University of Central Florida. Kelly’s previous experience in advising, tutoring, and social services has served our office well since she first joined FGCU in 2021 as our Program Assistant. Kelly is known by students and staff alike as a friendly face and welcoming ear to discuss just about anything you have on your mind. Her calm demeanor and problem-solving skills have been a major asset to our work. We’re very excited about her passion and ideas regarding future growth and development for service-learning at FGCU.
With Kelly’s transition, we are now looking for our next amazing Program Assistant.
As we begin the search, please help spread the word about this opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high-energy, fun office.
Link to apply: https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Program-Assistant_R0003771
An ideal candidate for this position would:
- Have an interest, passion, and/or experience in community engagement and/or service-learning
- Enjoy communicating via email, phone, and via one-on-one meetings with students regarding the processes and logistics of tracking service-learning hours toward their graduation requirement
- Have excellent customer service skills and a passion to help people work through administrative logistics
- Be comfortable using technology all day every day (including Outlook, Teams, and pulling reports from university-wide data management systems)
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Serve as the consistent staff presence in our physical office space and supervise student assistants at our welcome desk
- Support (as needed) two coordinators and a director in their roles and responsibilities regarding all events, programs, and initiatives
Note: This person does NOT manage budgets or travel
Feel free to share with friends, family, neighbors, friends, social media, and more. With your help, we can find another amazing Program Assistant to serve on our team!
Position is open until filled; however, initial review will take place Thursday, May 25.
Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Have a great weekend!
Justin Fitzgerald | Director, Community Engagement
Service-Learning & Civic Engagement
Florida Gulf Coast University
10501 FGCU Boulevard South, Fort Myers, FL 33965 | fgcu.edu
P: 239.590.7031 | E: email@example.com
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want you