I. Grant requests must be submitted using the Foundation's Application Form and must include:
1. A concise description of the program. May attach additional information, charts, photographs, etc. (limit-2 pages, not including budget).
2. The number of youth/adults who will benefit from
3. The time frame of the program i.e. one time only or
ongoing program with priority given to ongoing programs.
4. Budget for program, amount requested from the Foundation and if funding is requested or received from other sources.
5. Your Principal is in full support of you applying for this grant.
II: Dollar amount of grants to be awarded:
2. Request should be for $250 or under. Any Requests for over $250 should be for an ongoing project with a wider sweeping scope, both of which should reach a vast number of youth/adults. Such requests must be well documented by demonstrated need and anticipated benefits.
3. A non-profit organization or private school, other than a public school, requesting a grant must be a member of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Inc.
III: Application timeline:
1. Applications will be considered twice a year. Applications must be submitted prior to June 1st and November 1st.
2. Applicants will be notified of the Foundation’s decision within thirty (30) days following the end of the quarter.
3. In general, grants are awarded to schools and not to teachers. In most circumstances, monies and purchased items remain with the school once the teacher leaves for another school in the District. If the teacher leaves employment with the District, then the items will remain with the school. There are, however, several exceptions regarding classroom mini-grants: The sending principal and receiving principal may agree to the transfer of purchased items for any other reason that is satisfactory to them.
IV: Funding Priorities:
1. Greater consideration is given to projects where funding benefits students longer term, for example, funds awarded for equipment or supplies that can be used again and are not considered consumable.
2. Funding may not be used to subsidize the general operating budget, for salaries/Compensation or transportation.