Dear Valued Vendors and Suppliers,
The City of Fort Myers Procurement Department has partnered with OpenGov and is excited to announce our transition from PlanetBids to a fully automated web-based electronic bidding and vendor management system. The first bid will be posted on OpenGov 1/22/2024.
To continue receiving bid notifications after 1/22/24 you must register with OpenGov Procurement. Registrations will NOT automatically transfer.
If you are already receiving notifications through OpenGov about other agencies, then log into your profile and include the City of Fort Myers under your current registration.
Our new e-Procurement Portal will allow prospective Vendors and Suppliers the ability to:
- Register to receive notifications of future opportunities by signing up for our new e-Procurement Portal and selecting the “Subscribe” button to create an account.
- Follow along with updates to existing opportunities by finding the opportunity and clicking the “Follow” button. This will allow all interested bidders to receive amendments and addenda automatically.
- Submit questions and receive answers online regarding open bid opportunities.
- Use a guided process of responding electronically to bids to ensure your bids have been accurately completed.
- Receive timely support for bid questions.
- Have one location for all bid opportunities issued by the City of Fort Myers.
There is no cost for vendors to register in OpenGov.
After registering, OpenGov will send you an email to activate your account, so please be on the lookout for that. Or you may subscribe to our bids by navigating to https://procurement.opengov.com/portal/cityftmyers and clicking the “Subscribe” button. For more information about how to register, please see our help file.
The City of Fort Myers will be using the 5-digit NIGP commodity codes. Please review this article on setting up category codes and notification preferences.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact Kirk Zimmerman, at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your bids!
Kirk Zimmerman, Senior Procurement Specialist
The City of Fort Myers