South Florida District Office
National Small Business Week
For more than 50 years, the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has celebrated National Small Business Week (NSBW), which recognizes the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners. NSBW is April 30 – May 6, 2023. Nominations for 2023 awards are open until Dec. 8, 2022.
National Small Business Week (NSBW) Nomination Packet Instructions
National Award Guidelines
The guideline link above is used for all of the following nominations:
• Nomination Form for Small Business Person of the Year (sba.gov)
• Nomination Form for Small Business Exporter of the Year (sba.gov)
• Nomination Form for Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
• Nomination form for Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
• Nomination forms for other Small Business Week Awards
NSBW Local Award Guidelines
South Florida NSBW Award Guidelines (sba.gov)
This guidance is used for all of the following nominations:
• Minority Business Owner of the Year
• Veteran Business Owner of the Year
• Rural Business Owner of the Year
• Woman Business Owner of the Year
• Small Business Advocate of the Year
• Small Business Community Partner of the Year
What information must the nomination package contain?
Nominations must contain the information below. Incomplete nomination packages will not be considered.
1. A completed background form (SBA Form 3300) –
1. Award Nominee Background Form (sba.gov)
2. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
2. A completed nomination form:
1. Nomination Form for District Office Awards (sba.gov) (SBA Form 3315)
2. Or Nomination form for a National Award (see above for National Award Guidelines
3. For employers with over 15 employees – SBA Form 1926
4. An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi is required; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo of each nominee or group photo is acceptable.; and
5. Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation, nomination letter (if not self-nominated) and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination. Supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages. Videos will not be considered.
Where are the nominations to be sent?
All nominations must be submitted electronically to the U.S. Small Business Administration. Please use: South Florida District Office BOX account
When is the deadline for nominations?
3:00 p.m. ET, December 8, 2022
Lonnie Koyama – 772-466-3176 – email@example.com
SBA South Florida District Office
Miami, Tampa, and Ft. Pierce, Florida
All SBA programs and services are provided on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance
Small Business Administration (SBA) · 409 3rd St, SW · Washington DC 20416 · 1-800-827-5722