Local Southwest Florida Chapter of FPRA Wins
11 Awards at State Conference
FORT MYERS, Fla. (Aug. 22, 2022) – The Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) recognized its Southwest Florida Chapter with numerous awards at FPRA’s 83rd Annual Conference held in Orlando from Aug. 7 to 10. Members from 16 chapters across the state of Florida and public relations professionals from around the country enjoyed four days of professional development, networking and recognition from their peers.
The Golden Image Awards competition, celebrated during the Conference, is conducted annually to recognize outstanding public relations programs in Florida and to encourage and promote the development of the public relations profession. Winners demonstrate the very best examples of innovation, planning and design.
FPRA State President Devon Chestnut, APR, CPRC, presented several member organizations from the Southwest Florida chapter with 11 awards across several divisions and categories. An Award of Distinction is presented to entries that meet the standards of excellence set by a panel of judges; a Golden Image Award is presented to the top-scoring entry in each category if the entry meets predetermined criteria of excellence set by the judges; and a Judges’ Award is presented by judges for an outstanding entry that achieves maximum results while using a minimum amount of money.
Division A: Public Relations Programs
Community Relations Category
- A Golden Image Award went to the Collier County Supervisor of Elections Jennifer J. Edwards, Trish Robertson, APR, CPRC, and Landy Godines for Art for Democracy.
Public Service Category
- An Award of Distinction went to Lee County Solid Waste for Converting Franchise Area Five to Same-Day Collection.
- A Judges’ Award went to Priority Marketing for Healthcare Network End-of-Year Campaign.
- An Award of Distinction and a Judges’ Award went to Pushing the Envelope, Inc. for Give the Gift of the Dock.
Special Event Category
- An Award of Distinction went to Priority Marketing for Market Trends.
Division B: Collateral of Public Relations
Annual Report Category
- A Golden Image Award and a Judges’ Award went to Priority Marketing for Guadalupe Center Annual Impact Report.
Division C: Digital Tools of Public Relations
- An Award of Distinction went to Priority Marketing for Guadalupe Center “We are the World” Video.
Division D: Student Projects in Public Relations
Public Relations Campaign Category
- A Golden Image Award and a Judges’ Award went to Alexa Gutierrez, Heather Nash and Emily Fluharty for the “Revive FGCU FPRA” campaign.
The Southwest Florida chapter was also honored with President’s Awards from FPRA State President Devon Chestnut, APR, CPRC, for its leadership in credentialing and for exemplifying the “Greater Than” state theme throughout the last year.
About the Florida Public Relations Association
Established in 1938, FPRA is the oldest public relations organization dedicated to developing public relations practitioners, who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida. It is comprised of 16 professional and 15 student chapters throughout the state, providing professional development, networking and professional recognition opportunities. The Southwest Florida Chapter serves professionals in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. For additional information, please visit the Southwest Florida Chapter of FPRA website at fpraswfl.org.