Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A., is dedicated to keep our clients and community updated on legal issues impacting their businesses and families. Below please find the blogs, articles, and firm news published in July 2022.
According to the National Association of Home Builders, in 2018 there were approximately 7.5 million second homes, making up 5.5 percent of the total number of homes. These homes are not only real estate that must be planned for, managed, and maintained. They are also the birthplace of happy memories for you and your loved ones. Following are some important estate planning questions to consider to ensure that your place of happy memories is protected.
Click here to read more from Naples Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Attorney Amanda Dorio.
One of the most controversial and emotionally charged issues of the state’s 2022 legislative session involved legislation that would overhaul Florida’s existing alimony law. Senate Bill 1796 would have eliminated permanent alimony, offered individuals paying alimony a path toward retirement, and created an equal time-sharing presumption.
Click here to read more from Divorce, Marital and Family Law Attorney Iman Zekri.
In the Community
In addition to hands-on legal training, it’s important for our future lawyers to learn the importance of giving back to the community. With the help of children’s yoga instructor Shanna Bryant, our Summer Associates had a wonderful morning spending time with the children attending the Children’s Advocacy Center of Southwest Florida’s summer camp at Pine Manor. View more photos here. To learn how your organization can assist the Children’s Advocacy Center, reach out to Rachel Peacock,
In the News
Michael-Anthony Pica has joined the firm as an associate in the Business Litigation Department. He will assist clients involved in business and partnership disputes, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, bankruptcy, alternative finance litigation, and other corporate litigation matters. Click here to read more.
Nicholas Oliveri has joined the firm as an associate in the Business & Tax Department. Oliveri holds a Master of Laws degree (LL.M) in Taxation. He will focus his practice on business operations and planning, mergers and acquisitions, federal and state taxation and tax-exempt organizations. Click here to read more.
Stockholders Michael Corso and Russell Schropp were named to the 2022 Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite.® To compile the list, Florida Trend asks active practicing Florida attorneys to name the attorneys they hold in the highest regard, lawyers with whom they have personally worked and would recommend to others. The resulting list represents less than 1.2% of active Florida Bar members. Click here to read more.
Stockholder David Hamilton Roos was elected to the Executive Committee. This is his second tenure as such. Roos joined the firm in 2003 and is based out of Henderson Franklin’s Fort Myers office. Managing Lawyer Douglas Szabo and stockholders Scott Beatty and Richard Mancini continue to serve as Executive Committee members. Click here to read more.
Ivy Rhinehart as joined the firm as Chief Operating Officer, overseeing all aspects of the firm’s business, administration, and finance. She is a Certified Management Accountant with over thirty years of experience working in law firms. Prior to joining Henderson Franklin, Rhinehart served as Chief Financial Officer for an AmLaw 200 firm. Click here to read more.
Katie Kohn has joined the firm as an associate in the Divorce, Marital and Family Law Department. She is based out of the firm’s Naples office. With over a decade of trial experience and her knowledge and compassionate understanding, she guides clients through difficult family law issues ranging from divorce, child support, custody, and adoption. Click here to read more.
Henderson Franklin’s attorneys are honored to present seminars that address important legal issues. Our attorneys are also available to present in-house seminars at your place of business.
If your organization would like to host a similar presentation to your members, please reach out to Gail Lamarche, Henderson Franklin’s Director of Marketing and Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
A few upcoming engagements include:
• September 15, 2022 – Intellectual Property Department chair Mark Nieds will present, “Speaking for Fort Myers Chamber: Cryptocurrency 101 – What is it? What’s behind it? Where’s it going?” at the Greater Fort Myers General Membership Luncheon.
• September 23, 2022 – Labor and Employment Group chair Scott Atwood will be a featured speaker for HR Collier at the 2nd Annual HR Conference at the Arthrex Conference Center
• October 6, 2022 – Save the Date to join our Naples legal team at the Collier County Corporate Law Summit taking place at the Hilton Naples. More information will be shared in coming months. Featured topics include:
• Community Leaders Weigh-In on Issues Impacting Collier County Businesses, a panel discussion moderated by J. Dudley Goodlette, Esq.
• Ways to Limit Exposure in Employment and Workers’ Compensation Claims, presenters: Scott Atwood, Esq. and David Roos, Esq.
• The Ever-Changing Landscape of Real Estate and Land Development in Collier, a panel discussion moderated by Jeff Wright, Esq.
• All in the Family – Collier Family-Run Business Leaders Share Lessons for Longevity, a panel discussion moderated by Anthony Cetrangelo, Jr., Esq., with featured guest speakers Jaime Weisinger (Lipman Family Farms) and Michael Wynn (Sunshine Ace)
• A Strategic Approach to Event Risk Management, presented by guest keynote speaker Dr. Linda Robson, Professor at Endicott College in the Gerrish School of Business
Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A.
1715 Monroe Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901