Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A., is dedicated to keep our clients and community updated on legal issues impacting their businesses and families. Below please find the articles and news shared in January 2023.
Seminars and Events
New Date 02/23/2023
Henderson Franklin’s Naples legal team has teamed up with local Collier County community leaders to provide advice for small businesses, family enterprises, corporations, and businesses in the retail and hospitality industries. Topics and speakers include:
• Dudley Goodlette, a real estate and land use lawyer, will kick off the conference, discussing hot topics that Collier business owners are facing, such as economic development, planning, attainable housing, and prospective plans for Naples and Collier County. Guest panelists include Michael Dalby (President & CEO of the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce), Eileen Connolly-Keesler (President & CEO of the Collier County Community Foundation), and Andy Solis (former Collier County Commissioner).
• Family-run businesses are essential for the American economy, however, they have unique issues due to the intricate dynamics of familial relations. Trust and estate planning lawyers Anthony Cetrangelo and Amanda Dorio will moderate an entertaining discussion with Michael Wynn (President of Sunshine Ace) and Jaime Weisinger (Director, Community & Government Relations, Lipman Family Farms) who will share their secrets for running a successful family business.
• Attorneys Scott Atwood, chair of the Employment Law Group, and David Roos, chair of the Workers’ Compensation Department, will discuss the recent trends in employment and workers’ compensation laws so businesses may adopt preventive strategies to avoid legal issues.
• Keynote speaker Dr. Linda Robson will focus on proactive ways of dealing with the risks of events and give an understanding of how to prepare for, monitor, and react to catastrophes and disasters.
• Jeff Wright, chair of Henderson Franklin’s Land Use & Environmental Law Department, will lead a panel discussion with Robert Mulhere (President/CEO, Holes Montes, Inc.), David Farmer (PE, AICP, Metro Forecasting Models, LLC), and real estate lawyer Amanda Barritt, chair of the firm’s Real Estate Department. The conversation will offer various perspectives on the dynamic landscape of real estate and land development in Collier County.
We are grateful for the support of our sponsors:
• Breakfast Sponsor, Brown & Brown
• Lunch Sponsor, The Naples Trust Company
• Cocktail Reception Sponsor, CopyLady
Click here to learn more or to register.
Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
In the News
Henderson, Franklin, Starnes & Holt, P.A.
1715 Monroe Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901