The Lee County Port Authority (LCPA) would like to remind your readers and viewers about the following information for traveling out of Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) this holiday:
- Arrive early. We expect a busy Christmas and New Year’s holiday at RSW and want travelers to plan ahead. Please be in line at your security checkpoint at least 2 hours prior to flight departure.
- LCPA is expecting heavy passenger traffic this holiday season, which means the airport is anticipating higher parking volumes. Parking lots at RSW may fill up quickly between Dec. 16, 2022 and Jan. 4, 2023. We cannot guarantee you will find a parking spot. Please consider alternative ways to get to RSW, such as being dropped off by friends or family or using commercial transportation. We will post parking updates on the airport’s website (flylcpa.com), Facebook, Instagram and Twitter throughout the holiday to keep travelers informed on airport parking availability.
- Local roads are extremely busy during the holidays, so allow extra time to get to the airport. To avoid congestion, use the I-75 Direct Connect to get to and from RSW.
- If there is inclement weather forecasted at destination or connecting airports, travelers should check with their air carrier to see if there are any changes to their flight schedules.
- Visit the Transportation Security Administration’s website at tsa.gov for tips about what you can and cannot bring through the security checkpoint.
DEC. 15, 2022
Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from Port Authority employees and officials regarding Port Authority business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.