CAN Community Health, Inc
Job Title: Human Resource Manager Date Prepared: 7/1/2022
Status: Exempt EEO: Professional
Statement of Purpose: The Human Resource Manager will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) for CAN’s for-profit companies. This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organizations human resources by implementing employee recruitment, retention, human resources policies, programs, practices, and record keeping. Including hiring and interviewing staff, benefits, leaves of absences, and administering company polices and practices.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Perform searches to recruit qualified candidates using computer databases, networking and internet, and employee referrals.
- Interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings. Ensure the new hire requisition process is followed and approved.
- Conducts reference and background checks on perspective hires including employee eligibility verifications.
- Hire employees and process hiring related paperwork.
- Establish and conduct orientation and training programs.
- Be a resource for employee recognition.
- Be a resource for employee benefit programs.
- Processes benefit enrollments, terminations, and life events.
- Assisting employees enrolling in all insurance benefits.
- Providing new hires with explanation of benefits (EOB) and instructing them on the enrollment process.
- Consulting with employees about eligibility and other pertinent issues.
- Maintain and update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions as required along with periodic wage surveys.
- Conduct stay and exit interviews, along with annual performance reviews. Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Analyze results, including HR Metrics, turnover, open positions, time to hire, etc. Recommend changes for improvement and overall job satisfaction.
- Maintain human resource records system and keep accurate records.
- Complete request for unemployment filing, outside agencies, and verifications of employment.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources federal and state requirements and maintaining records. Conduct research to ensure HR compliance.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participation in professional societies.
- Promotes and practices CAN Community Health Inc’s mission and values and follows its policies and procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality is maintained by entire team regarding patient/client information in accordance with HIPAA compliance, professional and departmental standards.
- College degree in Human Resources or related field.
- SHRM Certification or 3-5 years Human Resources experience preferred.
- Membership in the Society for Human Resource Management
CAN Required Trainings:
General Orientation HIPAA Sexual Harassment
Violence in the Workplace HIV/AIDS Health Stream Courses (as assigned)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, suggestions, and commitment to get the job done.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques including excellent negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, and the ability to coordinate several tasks at one time.
- responsibility effectively.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to research projects.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse population.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, audio visual, multi-line telephones, and printer/fax/copier machines.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Sedentary- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly in lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Requires expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, visual and auditory acuity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This position may require additional time above normal operating hours.
- Travel is primary during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have valid insurance and driver’s license.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Responsible To: Director of People and Culture