Great benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- FREE life insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Management training
Banyan Tree Management is a Florida-based hotel management and development company that has been named multiple times to Inc’s list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. We currently have 18 properties in our management portfolio and offer a dynamic work environment with avenues for professional and personal growth. We strive to create a positive work environment where team members feel like they are part of family, receive a high level of respect, and are recognized for their merits and accomplishments.
We are seeking an individual who embodies the core values that are integral to our success:
- Transparent & Accountable
- Humble, Respectful & Dedicated
- Embrace Opportunity
- Create Value for Stakeholders
- Family Matters
This position will be responsible for generating top line revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations for the property. Responsibilities include effectively soliciting existing/potential accounts and business generators to contribute to the overall revenue of the hotel. Through the use of provided tools, the ideal candidate must be able to effectively communicate with both clients and management and be a motivated, self-starter as well as able to take direction with a desire to contribute to the success of the property and the entire company.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve monthly top line revenue goals and increase the market share of the hotel.
- Seek out new business generators and strive to build and maintain relationships with them.
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts, while adhering to the established parameters and policies of the hotel.
- Train employees the importance of the hotel sales effort and how they can contribute to it.
- Manage time effectively. This person will be expected to manage time between sales calls, research, and tasks assigned.
- Conduct research using all methods available, on existing and potential business generators to help gain new revenue for the hotel.
- Must be able to respond to inquiries in a timely manner even when away from hotel.
- Act as the ‘face and voice’ of the properties in the community.
- Maintain strong relationships with top producing clients.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent listening skills
- Exceptional detail in follow-up
- Strong computer skills
- Must have reliable access to vehicle for transportation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years of work experience in hotel sales field is preferred. Prefer experience being part of a hotel opening team.
- Compensation based on experience. Bonus plan available for successful attainment of specified goals.
Employment and job discrimination is prohibited by several federal and state laws including, but not limited to, Title V11, EPA, ADEA, and ADA. These laws prohibit employment discrimination based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, employees and/or candidates are encouraged to visit www.eeoc.gov. Employment is offered by the hotel, not Banyan Tree Management. Each hotel is independently owned. The hotels are operationally managed by Banyan Tree Management. Each hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here to apply: https://www.hospitalityonline.com/jobs/2001565-director-of-sales