Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida
Position Title: Data Analyst
FLSA Status: Full-time, Regular non-exempt
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Programs
Employees Supervised: Volunteers and/or interns occasionally
Position Summary: Plan, implement, train, maintain, and provide support regarding roll out of the service insight data tracking software in the Programs Department throughout our service area: Hendry, Glades, Collier, Charlotte, and Lee counties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and lead data tracking software rollout
- Provide training, troubleshooting assistance, and technical support to database end users (staff, volunteers and Partner Agencies)
- Provide implementation support to new agencies and program locations
- Develop and update training materials for database tracking system in a variety of formats, including online/webinars, videos, and in-person training materials.
- Document software revisions or upgrades both internally and externally.
- Communicate with developers regarding bugs or updates needed in the system
- Ensure data quality control measures
- Manage data collection and complete reports and documentation on a regular basis
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues of Partner Agencies in need of support related to all HCFB systems
- Coordinate and improve regular reporting accuracy of data regarding agency outputs and outcomes.
- Provide data support to IT and other departments as needed.
- Develop SOPs for data reporting, analysis and use as required.
- Design continuous feedback process for service insight user support (e.g., meetings, peer support messing, etc.)
- Attend various networking and professional meetings
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required
- Adhere to HCFB expectations and values:
- Be active by moving quickly, getting things done and holding self and others accountable for results.
- Be constructive by providing solutions, displaying optimism, being respectful and fair.
- Be truthful by providing facts to support opinions, speaking up and not exaggerating.
- Humanize Hunger by putting a human face on it.
- Communicating in a professional, honest and open manner.
- Take time to have fun along the way.
- Believe in our mission and impact.
- Honesty, integrity and commitment to fighting hunger in Southwest Florida
- Must be a self-starter who is driven and capable of keeping track of multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service and ability to train or teach others with clarity, flexibility and organization;
- Must be highly organized with an ability to pay attention to detail;
- Must have the ability to build relationships with staff, volunteers, agency representatives and the general public.
- Must have clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of the HCFB.
- Must have the ability to complete work in an accurate, effective and timely manner.
- Must have the ability to perform physical labor as necessary to assist in achieving HCFB Mission.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
Specific to Position:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required in related field preferred; may be replaced with comparable experience.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience in non-profit, data management, or training coordinator and facilitation.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using a calculator required. Ability to manipulate data using a spreadsheet a strong plus. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret charts and graphs is also required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires public speaking and training facilitation to various audiences.
- Ability to work independently and effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to listen, assess, and troubleshoot issues
- Sensitivity to diversity and the ability to work with people of different nationalities, ethnic origins, and socioeconomic levels is essential.
- Operate a personal vehicle on a daily basis to community partner sites, meetings and events.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish or Haitian Creole is highly desirable.
Working Conditions: The Data Analyst is expected to travel between Hendry, Glades, Collier, Charlotte and Lee counties in order to train and support database end users.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Everyone is required to wear a mask and observe social distancing requirements. We have implemented a mandatory vaccine policy. All new hires must be fully vaccinated.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- data management: 1 year (Preferred)
- training: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (Preferred)
- Nonprofit management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Database management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location