NOVEMBER 27, 2023 – FORT MYERS, FLA – Recognizing the growing demand for a seamless blend of work and education, Florida SouthWestern State College (FSW) introduces its new Saturday Scholars program beginning January 2024.
Tailored for first-time-in-college students aiming to earn their associate in arts (AA) degree while navigating busy schedules, FSW’s Saturday Scholars program simplifies success by offering quality education, scholarships, and a supportive community.
Spanning five semesters, FSW’s Saturday Scholars program will provide participants with a comprehensive and accommodating educational experience. Students will attend general education courses in person every Saturday as well as elective courses that can be taken in person, online or via Zoom.
The Saturday Scholars program benefits, include:
- Streamlined Academics: Students can complete their general education requirements in a cohesive, structured format.
- Quality Assurance: With small class sizes, participants are guaranteed an intimate learning experience, ensuring personalized attention and support from expert faculty.
- Support Mechanism: Students will have regular interactions with their assigned advisors, ensuring they stay on the right academic path. They will also have access to student success sessions, covering diverse topics like financial aid and technology assistance.
- Financial Incentives: Jumpstart your educational journey with a $250 scholarship
- Community Building: Being part of a cohort provides peer support and instills a strong sense of belonging and community among students.
To be eligible for the program, students must be a high school or GED graduate, first-time-in-college student, admitted to FSW, ready for college-level math and reading courses, seeking an AA degree and interested in an FSW preferred pathway.
FSW is dedicated to empowering individuals to move forward in their careers and education simultaneously. For more information about FSW’s Saturday Scholars program, visit www.fsw.edu/saturdayscholars.
Florida SouthWestern State College is Southwest Florida’s largest and most affordable institution of higher education. Annually serving nearly 20,000 students globally, FSW offers a variety of nationally-ranked, career-focused academic programs with two- and four-year degrees and professional certifications, several with 100 percent licensure pass and job placement rates. Study and travel abroad opportunities are available for students through FSW’s Center for International Education. Students are also active in clubs and programs catered to their interests. Visit www.FSW.edu for more information.