Single Tickets Available Starting December 15 for Community Concert Association Season
FORT MYERS, FLA., December 9, 2019– World-renowned artists from throughout Europe, Russia, and Poland will travel to Fort Myers this winter to perform for the Fort Myers Community Concert Association in its 71st annual concert series.
Single tickets will be available for purchase starting December 15 for each of the five performances, which organizers say are among the best ever offered by the Fort Myers Community Concert Association. Prices are $55 for orchestra seats, $35 for lower balcony seats and $25 for upper balcony seats. Mezzanine seats are sold out.
All performances will start at 7:30 p.m. at the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall on the Florida SouthWestern State College campus in Fort Myers. For tickets, call the Barbara B. Mann Hall box office at 239-481-4849.
The five concerts for the 2020 season are:
- The Wroclaw Philharmonic Orchestra – January 10, 2020. – The Wroclaw Philharmonic Orchestra was founded in 1945 and officially became the State Orchestra of Wroclaw, Poland in 1949. The orchestra was renamed the Wroclaw Philharmonic in 2015 when the orchestra moved into its new home, the National Forum of Music, where it is has performed for nearly 100,000 attendees in its first two seasons. It is widely considered to be the premier venue of its type in Poland.
- The Siberian State Symphony Orchestra – January 27, 2020. Direct from Krasnoyarsk, Russia, the Siberian State Symphony Orchestra embarks on an eight-week U.S. tour in January, 2020. Founded in 1977, the orchestra quickly won a reputation as one of the best orchestras from Russia. The orchestra plays the great Russian classics and has made numerous recordings.
- Teatro Lirico D’Europa performing Verdi’s “La Traviata” – February 3, 2020. La Traviata is the classic tale of unrequited love taking place in and around Paris during the 1840s. Teatro Lirico D’Europa is the most successful opera touring company in Europe and the U.S. and travels with a full orchestra of 47 to 50 members and a chorus of 40 singers.
- Russian State Symphony Orchestra –February 10, 2020. The Russian State Symphony Orchestra, known for its rich sound, nobility of expression and skillfully balanced sound presents Glinka: Rusian and Ludmila Overture; Tchaikovsky Symphony No. 4 and Grieg: Piano Concerto with pianist Pavel Nessessia, one of the most remarkable Russian pianists of his generation.
- Russian National Ballet – March 2, 2020. The Russian National Ballet performs the timeless “Sleeping Beauty.” Luminous costumes and elaborate sets complement one of Moscow’s finest ballet companies. The Russian National Ballet Theatre was founded with the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation and invigorates the tradition of classical Russian ballet with developments in dance from around the world.
The Fort Myers Community Concert Association, now in its 71st concert season, is an all-volunteer not-for-profit organization founded by the legendary Barbara B. Mann in 1949 to bring world-class entertainment to Southwest Florida at affordable prices. The association consists of more than 1,700 members, underwriters and sponsors. Performers brought to Fort Myers in the past by the association include The Israel Ballet, Violinist Itzhak Perlman, The Boston Brass, Minnesota Orchestra, Cleveland Orchestra, Vienna Boys Choir, Pianist Andre Watts, Violinist Joshua Bell with the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and many others. For Community Concert Association membership information, visit www.fortmyerscommunityconcerts.org.