FORT MYERS, Fla. (April 21, 2021) – A stay on in a private villa in Bahamas, an unforgettable tour through Sonoma Wine Country with Jean- Charles Boisset, two weeks in an exclusive private home on Mackinac Island… These are just a few of the more than 50 phenomenal offerings that are up for bid now during the 2021 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest to support sight-saving programs for local children at Golisano Children’s Hospital. An additional five offerings are reserved for the virtual event on Saturday, April 24th beginning at 6:30 p.m. Register at www.Event.Gives/WF .
This year’s reimagined Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest will take place with one combined event of dinners and auction on Saturday, April 24. Chef Vintner Dinners are creatively being hosted in private luxury venues across the region showcasing the talents of local chefs and wines from renowned vintners. Though in separate spaces, everyone will be virtually connected for the traditional live auction.
A complete list of SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc. auction lot packages for the 2021 signature fundraising event are at www.swflwinefest.org. These unique auction items are made possible through generous donations from friends of SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc., including trustees, donors and distinguished vintners.
This year, the traditional live auction will go virtual offering opportunities to bid on one-of-a-kind wine, cuisine and travel experiences plus the important virtual paddle raise to help fund a new pediatric eye institute. This new state-of-the-art facility will provide expanded Ophthalmology services to children across the region as part of Golisano Children’s Hospital.
A selection of travel adventures awaits those with wanderlust:
- Come here fishy fishy! – Guided fly-fishing tour for two in Telluride, Colorado and three-night stay in a two-bedroom residence at the Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge and dinner for two at 221 South Oaks, Telluride. Scenic beauty, character and charm are few of the many reasons to visit Telluride.
- The ultimate family vacation on this historical landmark – Mackinac Island – A delightful experience awaits you to explore the iconic Mackinac Island on a two-week vacation! Located on the coast of Michigan in the heart of the Great Lakes, Mackinac Island is rated as one of the top 10 vacation destinations in the world year after year. This includes A two-week vacation in a private residence, airfare, dining and activities vouchers.
- Tropical Paradise Awaits!- Discover the beautiful, unspoiled white beaches and crystal-clear turquoise blue waters of the Bahamas! Item includes an eight-day, seven-night stay in a private four-bedroom, three-bath waterfront luxury villa in Bahamas with private roundtrip air travel for eight people.
Wine enthusiasts can toast to the many wine-filled experiences up for bid:
- The Ultimate California Wine Country Tour with Jean-Charles Boisset –Six couples will have the wine trip of a lifetime! Date Specific: October 1-4, 2021 Have private VIP everything at three vineyards – Raymond Vineyards, Buena Vista Winery, DeLoach Vineyards and dinner atop Wappo Hill with with Jean-Charles & Gina Gallo-Boisset at their home with sweeping views north to Mt. St. Helena and south to the San Pablo Bay. Includes three nights premium accommodations, ground transportation and airfare vouchers.
- Bridge to the Stars! – Three-Night stay for 3 couples at private Knights Bridge Residence in Calistoga, California, VIP vineyard tour with proprietor and director of Winemaking, poolside wine tasting of wines from neighboring vineyards and library wine dinner in the Knights Bridge Winery Cellar. Take home 3Ls of signed 2008 Knights Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon. Includes airfare and transportation vouchers.
Multiple once-in-a-lifetime experiences await the music lover:
- Bars, Ballads and Buffet – Four tickets to the Jimmy Buffet concert in premium seats located near the stage just above the floor in the first row of section 117 at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, Florida on Dec. 4, 2021 and a two-night stay in two king rooms at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel in Tampa, Florida for two couples on Dec. 3rd and 4th, 2021
- Fall in Love Again with Billy Joel – The highest bidder will be on their way to New York City to see Billy Joel Billy Joel concert in Madison Square Garden in 100 Level seats in New York, New York on February 12th, 2022. This ultimate romantic trip includes a room for two nights at in a king one-bedroom suite at Eventi Hotel in New York City and dinner for two at Keens Steakhouse in Manhattan.
Bidders can also purchase 2021 SWFL Wine & Food Fest wines or other wines from around the world and participate from anywhere they can access the internet. Five live auction items will
To learn more about the 2021 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest, please visit www.swflwinefest.org.
About SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc.
SWFL Children’s Charities, Inc. is a local nonprofit organization that is dedicated to saving children’s lives by supporting the region’s growing pediatric health care system. The organization has donated over $24 million over the past 12 years in support of children’s health initiatives across the five regions. The Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest is the organization’s annual signature fundraiser. Proceeds from the 2021 event will support pediatric health care services at Golisano Children’s Hospital, specifically focusing on the new SWFL Children’s Charities Eye Institute. For more information, visit www.swflwinefest.org.