US CENSUS BUREAU HIRING FIELD REPRESENTATIVES
US Census Bureau – Hiring Field Representatives
- Pay Rate $14.95-$20.71 per hour plus $0.57 per mile driven while on duty
- Basic Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have use of an automobile and valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work days, evening, and weekends
- Must be willing to travel overnight for work assignments, training, etc.
- Interview respondents to collect survey or census data as required for current, on-going surveys, one-time surveys, and special censuses.
- Explain the purpose of the survey, ask questions as worded on the questionnaire or survey instrument, and enter accurate and complete information into a laptop computer or onto survey forms.
- Maintains personal payroll records that reflect hours worked, miles driven, and reimbursements for travel and communications claimed.
- How To Apply: Interested applicants may apply by completing an application package consisting of the following:
- A Census Employment Inquiry (BC-170)
- Additional Applicant Information (BC-171)
- U.S. Census Jobs Assessment Booklet (BC-172)
To request an application package by MAIL, send an email with complete mailing address and County/Parish of residence to: email@example.com. Enter “New Application Request” in the subject line. The application package, instruction and a self-addressed return envelope, will be sent via mail to the applicant’s home address.
The Bureau of the Census does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, age, or any non-disqualifying physical handicap.