FORT MYERS, Fla. (February 24, 2020)– Special Equestrians is bringing together the area’s most successful restaurateurs for Taste of Love – the annual food and wine extravaganza to be held Sunday, March 15, 2020 from 5 to 9 p.m. at The Ranch Concert Hall & Saloon located at 2158 Colonial Boulevard in Fort Myers.
The popular event’s theme is “Taste of Love Makes the Merry Go Around” and will feature dishes from the area’s most successful culinarians, wine tasting, and live and silent auctions. Celebrity auctioneer Jay Severson and award-winning radio and television personality Gina Birch will oversee the evening’s events. Nearly 500 attended the event in 2019, raising more than $200,000 for the therapeutic horseback riding and carriage driving program which serve children and adults with disabilities.
Participating restaurants include:
- Mastello and A Touch of Italy, Chef Robert Brandt
- Blue Pointe Oyster Bar & Seafood Grill, Chef Andy Brown
- BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, Shanel Gentile
- Table & Tap at Babcock Ranch, Chef Julian Cardona
- Fancy’s Southern Café, Chef Daniel Glick
- Ember Korean Steakhouse, Chef Chris Shin
- Cantina Laredo, Chef Martin Galvan
- Señor Pepe’s Paella Catering, Chef Pepe
- Jordan Webster Catering, Chef Jordan Webster
- European American Bakery Café, Chef Ariel Garcia and Chef Sam Savich
- The Melting Pot, Chef Chris Keys
- Custom C.A.K.E.S. by Kayla, Kayla Mateo
- Greg’s Buckeyes, Greg Kurt
- Le Macaron French Pastries, Florence Del Fondo
- Wine presented by Breakthru Beverage Group
- Beer Provided by Suncoast Beverage Company
“We are thrilled and honored to have these highly-trained and successful culinary professionals join us to help raise much-needed funds to support Special Equestrians,” said Jan Fifer, the organization’s executive director.
All proceeds from Taste of Love will benefit Special Equestrians, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping children and adults with disabilities by providing a structured therapeutic horseback riding and carriage driving program and equine assisted activities. Special Equestrians has been awarded Premier Accredited Center status by PATH Intl. (Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship). Serving Lee, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties, Special Equestrians is a United Way Partner Agency that has been serving southwest Florida for more than 30 years.
Event Sponsors to date include: Wells Fargo, Garden Street Iron & Metal, John S. Fifer, M.D., Seminole Casino,
Platinum Table Sponsors: Architectural Metals of SW Florida, Everglades Farm Equipment, Henderson Franklin, Lovelace Farms, MVP Realty/Lee and Marie Kitsberg, Sarlo Mowers, The Dorcey Law Firm, The LaPorta Family, USB The Maurillo Group and Waterside Aesthetic Dentistry
Gold Table Sponsors: Club Care, C-2-C Landscaping and Riverdale Dental Associates/Gateway Dental Suites
Silver Table Sponsor: Cummings Law Bronze Table Sponsors: Bechtol Chiro & Wellness Center, Dave & Cheryl Copham, Edison National Bank, Green Schoenfeld & Kyle, LLP, ISEC Incorporated, Jason’s Deli, Lawhon’s Grocery, Lee Dental Care, Moon Plumbing, Northern Contracting, Pulte Group, Target Roofing, Toll Law, Vein Specialists – Dr. Magnant. Media sponsors include The News-Press, Florida Country Magazine, Florida Weekly, Palm Printing and Signs Now.
Tickets are $100 per person and may be purchased online at www.specialequestians.net or by calling (239) 851-7070 or emailing email@example.com.