Staff Attorney: School District of Lee County
Job Type: Full-time
Job Description Here
As the Staff Attorney, you will provide legal services and guidance to the Superintendent and District administration. You will also review and negotiate contracts relating to District operations, including real estate, intellectual property, litigation, employment, delivery of ancillary services, and third-party agreements. All candidates interested in being considered for an interview MUST submit an online application with the District by visiting apply.leeschools.net.
Job Close Date: Friday, May 14 at 11:59 pm
● Doctor of Jurisprudence from an accredited law school.
● Member in good standing of the Florida Bar.
● Admitted or eligible for admission to the bar of the United States Federal District Court for the
Middle District of Florida.
● Three (3) years of experience as a practicing attorney with two (2) years of experience in labor
relations matters, including litigation and representation.
Essential Job Functions
● Represent the District as legal counsel in labor law related court litigation and third-party
proceedings, such as grievance arbitrations, impasse proceedings, mediations, and Public
Employee Relations Commission (PERC) hearings.
● Provide advice and legal assistance to the Superintendent and Chief Human Resources Officer
on all matters related to the management of the District’s labor relations program.
● Develop and maintain a program of equal employment opportunity for the District and ensure
that the program is carried out in an exemplary manner.
THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF LEE COUNTY
● Provide direction and services necessary to meet compliance with all state and federal equal
employment opportunity and disability legislation and regulations; review complaints and
grievances, conduct investigations, and write reports; respond to requests for information from
federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity and disability compliance officials.
● Review and negotiate contracts relating to District operations, including real estate, intellectual
property, transportation, construction, employment, delivery of ancillary services, and
● Assist the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Financial Officer with any legal duties and
responsibilities, particularly with the office of Procurement Services.
● Assist in coordinating and directing investigations of whistleblower complaints.
● Assist and provide legal guidance on issues related to public records requests.
● Conduct applicable inservice training on legal issues for the District.
● Provide quarterly reports to the Chief Legal Counsel on pending litigation.
● Maintain confidentiality of privileged attorney-client matters.
● Practice and maintain high standards of ethics, honesty, and integrity in all professional
● Follow all District policies and procedures.
To learn more, email Suzette Rivera, Assistant Director of Recruitment, at SuzetteR@leeschools.net. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Ft. Myers – Estero is Now Hiring:
- Room Attendant – Full Time
- Room Attendant – Part Time
- Houseman – Part Time
- Breakfast Busser – Part Time
- Breakfast Cook – Part Time
- Bellman – Part Time
- Night Auditor – Part Time
- Night Auditor – Full Time
- Engineer – Part Time
- Dishwasher – Part Time
- Cook – Full Time
- Cook – Part Time
For all positions apply online at Jobs.Hilton.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.