TRAVELING THIS THANKSGIVING?
ARRIVE EARLY AND PACK SOME PATIENCE
The Lee County Port Authority would like to remind your readers and viewers about the following information for traveling out of Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) this Thanksgiving:
• Holiday travel may be different than in the past, but we still expect a busy Thanksgiving at RSW and want travelers to plan ahead. Please be in line at your security checkpoint at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure.
• Parking lots may fill up more quickly between Friday, Nov. 18 and Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2022. Please give yourself extra time to find parking and consider alternative ways to get to RSW, such as being dropped off by friends or family or using commercial transportation. If necessary, we will post parking updates on the airport’s website and Facebook to keep travelers informed on availability.
• Local roads are extremely busy, so please allow extra time to get to the airport. To avoid congestion, use the I-75 Direct Connect to get to and from RSW.
• If there is inclement weather forecasted at destination or connecting airports, travelers should check with their air carrier to see if there are any changes to their flight schedules.
• Visit the Transportation Security Administration’s website at tsa.gov for tips about what you can and cannot bring through the security checkpoint.
For more airport information, please visit flylcpa.com or facebook.com/flyRSW.
NOV. 16, 2022
Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from Port Authority employees and officials regarding Port Authority business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.