Job SummaryThe Business Development Manager is an experienced professional that plans and executes programming, membership, events, and communications that support the strategy and objectives of the Alumni Relations department within University Advancement. This position fosters the development of community partnerships and corporate sponsorships to increase financial support of Alumni Relations.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Develops, plans and implements alumni events, programs, meetings, and activities to promote alumni involvement.
- Creates strategic partnerships by recruiting businesses and local community leaders. Leverages partnerships to create sponsorship and affinity partnership opportunities that increase annual revenue for the alumni association.
- Recruits new Alumni Association members through personal contacts, events, and presentations to community groups.
- Serve as the Development Committee liaison for the FGCU Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Collaborates within and outside FGCU to obtain new alumni benefits and increase the value of Alumni Association membership.
- Oversees the implementation and management of assigned programs, such as: the Future Eagles Legacy program and the Leadership Academy program, which includes marketing, memberships, operations, and recruitment of local businesses.
- Recommends strategies to strengthen alumni participation and support. Responsible for the Forever an Eagle Society and Brick Paver program through campaigns and stewardship efforts.
- Develop and manage corporate events to engage with local alumni.
- Promote and solicit alumni business owners to register for the Eagle Business Directory.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate field.
- Four years of professional full-time experience with alumni relations, non-profit management, marketing, or other relevant experience.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook).
- Work experience in a higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and communication principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Skill in public speaking and delivering presentations to individuals and groups.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strategic relations with a diverse group of colleagues, students, alumni, and volunteers.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to take initiative to plan, organize, coordinate and perform work in various situations when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to use independent judgement and impart information to a variety of clientele and media sources.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary.
Salary: $47,200 to negotiable