Job Title: Marketing Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
BIG ARTS,a 43-year-old, multifaceted arts and education nonprofit on Sanibel Island, Florida, seeks a full-time salaried marketing director to advance BIG ARTS brand, ticket sales and community reach. BIG ARTS recently built a state-of-the-art facility and enjoys a strong and loyal donor and patron base in support of its five program tracks: performing arts series, films, workshops, fine arts exhibits and world-renowned lecture series. Competitive salary and generous benefits. For more info: www.bigarts.org.
The BIG ARTS Marketing Director is skilled at creating creative and strategic promotional plans to successfully achieve robust ticket sales for performances in a 414-seat house, good traffic to its free fine arts exhibits, sales of two lecture series and two film series; and increased registrations for its diverse workshop offerings. The Director of Marketing is tasked with preserving and advancing BIG ARTS brand and is responsible for executing all printed, digital, and video copy and design on all collateral materials. Candidate has the ability to create a well-articulated and creative written advertising and promotional plan for the full season from September through June and the ability to effectively coordinate the internal and external resources to execute the plan. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Write press releases and submit to outlets in a timely manner.
2. Coordinate approximately 1-2 small events throughout the year and provide support to other team members’ events.
3. Coordinate with printers on price, deadlines, cost, and quality of all print collateral materials: brochures, signs, etc.
4. Monitor / oversee budget approved by management for cost containment.
5. Write yearly deadline production sheet for all events.
6. Track ticket sales and be able to offer strategic and creative ideas for promotion.
7. Offer creative ideas and posts on social media to produce quantifiable market growth and impact.
8. Work with BIG ARTS gift shop managers to promote their seasonal sales program.
9. Oversee functionality and quality of website. Post timely changes and provide ideas and project management for design and content changes.
10. Work closely with the Director of Development to promote special events and donor cultivation (candid donor shots in social press, etc.).
The support professionals available to the Marketing Director are:
- BIG ARTS Database and Information Manager
- Contracted graphic designer
- Contracted website programmer
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related fields preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of traditional and digital marketing and communications activities.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, creating presentations, and negotiating with vendors.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print and digital materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in WordPress, database management, page layout, and other digital marketing tools and technologies.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Understanding and support of the mission of BIG ARTS and the ability to articulate this mission to others.
Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com No phone calls, please.