Free Autism Screenings This Saturday
FAMILY INITIATIVE OFFERS FREE AUTISM SCREENINGS FOR TODDLERS
Early diagnosis and behavioral intervention imperative for child and family development.
Free Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) screenings by appointment for one- to three-year-old children provided by Family Initiative.
This Saturday, October 16, 9:00 a.m.-noon; free ASD screenings are held on the third Saturday of each month.
Family Initiative Autism Support Center
734 SW 4th St., Cape Coral, FL 33991
• An estimated 1 in 54 children is diagnosed with a form of ASD, making it more common than childhood cancer, juvenile diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
• In the early years of life, there are milestones children should reach in terms of how they play, learn, speak, and act. A delay in any of these areas could be a sign of a developmental issue, event autism.
• Medical consultants stress that early diagnosis and intensive behavioral intervention can make an immense difference, not just in the development of the child, but in their families as well.
• Designed for toddlers one to three years old, screenings are free and open to the public by appointment.
• Screenings are conducted by Family Initiative and administered by Masters Level Clinicians with extensive training and experience in typical child development and developmental disorders.
To schedule a screening, call 239-910-0712 or email email@example.com. Physician referral is not required. Screening does not provide a diagnosis.
About Family Initiative, Inc.
Established in 2015, Family Initiative, Inc. is a Southwest Florida-based 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable organization dedicated to supporting children with autism and strengthening their families. Its team of clinicians serves children from a humanistic approach through Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Occupational Therapy (OT) services, and also offers autism play groups, teen meetings, parent education and more. In addition, the organization provides child welfare caregiver training and support through its Family Impact Program.
To learn more, visit fi-florida.org.