FORT MYERS, Fla. (June 30, 2021) – The Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) invites business leaders and PR/marketing professionals to attend the upcoming in person crisis communication seminar. The event will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 13 at Dave and Buster’s, 13499 Cleveland Ave., Suite 400, Fort Myers, FL 33907.
A crisis hitting your organization is scary. Even scarier? Not being ready to effectively communicate about it. A 2021 PWC study found that 69% of leaders experienced at least one corporate crisis between 2014 and 2019, but only 45% had a crisis communication plan to help guide them through various scenarios. And, 95% said their crisis prep needs improvement.
Don’t be the 55%.
Every communicator needs to be prepared for anything. While you can’t anticipate what happens, you can gain the basic skills and best practices to help you and your organization communicate through a crisis, no matter what that crisis is.
This tabletop event will include a small-group setup, led by crisis communications experts from a variety of industries:
● Mary Briggs, APR, CPRC, System Director, Marketing and Brand Management, Lee Health,
● Betsy Clayton, APR, CPRC, Director of Communications, Lee County Government,
● Victoria Moreland, Chief Communications & Marketing Officer, Lee County Port Authority,
● Trish Robertson, APR, CPRC, Communications Officer, Collier County Supervisor of Elections and
● Jessica Walker, APR, CPRC, Marketing and Public Relations Manager, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company.
You’ll tackle real-life scenarios any PR professional could be faced with in their careers and leave with takeaways on how your next crisis doesn’t have to be a disaster.
Who should attend?
– Experienced PR professionals looking to expand their crisis PR knowledge.
– Professionals new to the field and ready to get started on the right path to effective PR planning and response.
– Anyone unsure of where to start with creating a crisis communications response plan for your organization.
Crisis, Not Disaster. A real-time exercise in PR planning and response for emergencies
Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Time: 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Price: $25 for students | $30 for members | $40 for future members
Location: Dave and Buster’s, 13499 Cleveland Ave, Suite 400, Fort Myers, FL 33907 (Bell Tower Shops)
Register: Registration will close Friday, July 9
Event sponsors are Southwest Florida Business Today and M & M Multimedia.
About the Florida Public Relations Association
Established in 1938, FPRA is the oldest public relations organization in the country. FPRA is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners, who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Hendry and Glades counties. For additional information, please visit the Southwest Florida Chapter of FPRA website at http://www.fpraswfl.org.