Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Purpose and mission
The primary purpose of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. is to support and assist the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce in its efforts to enhance education at a variety of levels in our community. The Foundation, founded in 2004, has supported the chamber’s education guiding directive in a variety of ways including the following:
• providing scholarships for college students,
• providing grants to educators and educational institutions,
• supporting educational programs,
• supporting seminars and workshops of interest for the benefit of the business community and
• providing recognition for outstanding educators and students
Throughout the history of the Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber’s Foundation, we have raised for the benefit of educational institutions and programs, our community and local students over $600,000.
The Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce generously donates 10% of its revenue from membership dues paid by its nearly 900 members to the Foundation. Additionally, the Foundation raises dollars from a variety of other sources including fundraising events such as Twins & Pinz and Pumptober Fest.