SBA South Florida District Office
Financial Literacy Month
April has been recognized as National Financial Literacy Month. Why is that? Because good financial habits don’t come out of thin air. They need to be learned, practiced, implemented, and remembered. Here are some upcoming webinars to help with your business financial literacy and education:
Business Finance De-Mystified – March 31 6pm
If you’re looking for an easy-to-understand introduction to business finance concepts, this is the workshop for you! Even if you have no prior experience with financial statements, we’ll use plain English, simple examples and pictures in a way that will allow you to better understand:
• the difference between an Income Statement and a Balance Sheet
• how those documents can help you manage your business and make it more profitable
• tools you can use to keep track of how your business is doing.
Business Finance De-Mystified | SCORE
Financial Forecasting in A Post-Pandemic Economy – April 1 1pm
Is it business as usual in what could be a post pandemic 2022 and beyond? Or do we need to update our assumptions and our forecasting techniques to accommodate a new reality? This webinar explores those conditions and presents an array of forecasting methodologies to help your business plan for the future.
Financial Forecasting in A Post-Pandemic Economy | SCORE
Tax Boot Camp for Small Business Owners – April 5 6pm
This seminar is specifically developed for small business owners who have little to no experience or understanding of the role and impact of income taxes on their businesses. It is facilitated by experienced Tax Professionals and is designed to provide ideas and tax strategies that can be shared with one’s tax advisor.
Building Credit for Your Business – April 6 10am
The Building Credit webinar summarizes the importance of small business owners having a good personal and business credit history.
After completing this training, participants will understand the following:
1. How the personal and business credit reporting landscape relates to their business
2. What goes into the personal and business credit reports and scores used to assess credit profiles
3. How to establish and build strong personal and business credit histories to support the growth and sustainability of their business
4. How lenders and other businesses may use personal and business credit reports and scores to assess lending risk or evaluate other business-to-business opportunities;
5. How the use of credit reporting services can help small business owners make sound decisions
6. How to leverage strong personal and business credit histories to obtain satisfactory financing terms
7. How to recognize when business and personal credit history may become a bigger factor in seeking larger financing options
Building Credit for your Business Tickets, Wed, Apr 6, 2022 at 10:00 AM | Eventbrite
Understanding Financial Statements and Sustainability – April 8 1pm
We will introduce you to 3 financial statements that will give you a high level “dashboard” for how your business is performing financially so you can secure a business loan and outlive the current pandemic!
Understanding Financial Statements and Sustainability | SCORE
Cash Flow vs. Profitability – April 14 10am
Understanding the difference between cash flow and profitability can prevent the number one reason businesses fail – insolvency . Learn how to use each of them to manage your business more effectively in this one-hour seminar, featuring a real small business case study.
Ask an Expert – Smart Money Moves for Your Business – April 14 1pm
So you have finally started to see consistent profits. The next step is to learn money management strategies that improve your business’s cash flow.
Join us for this LIVE Q&A session with expert presenter Justin Krane, dedicated to answering your questions.
In this webinar, we will answer questions about:
• How to set up your business to fund your personal financial life
• Increasing your profits
• Proactive cash flow planning
April 14: Ask an Expert – Smart Money Moves for Your Business | SCORE
Managing Business Cash Flow – April 19 1pm
Welcome to Managing Cash Flow. Taking this class is an important step to building a better financial future for you and your family.
About this event
As a small business owner, it is important to know how much cash is moving in and out of your business. You need to think ahead in order to meet financial obligations and run a profitable business on a long-term basis. This class introduces some basic cash flow concepts that can get you started.
Managing Business Cash Flow Tickets, Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM | Eventbrite
Financial Management for Small Business – April 20 11am
The Financial Management for a Small Business module will take you on an important first step to building a better financial future for your business.
After completing this training, you will be able to:
• Explain the concept of financial management and why it is important to a small business.
• Identify financial management practices, rules, and tools that are commonly available to a small business.
• Explain the most common financial statements.
• Explain how these financial management practices, rules, and tools work.
• Explain financial management basics for a small business.
• Importance of cash flow management.
• Explain the basics of financing for start-up and growing businesses.
Financial Management for Small Business Tickets, Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 11:00 AM | Eventbrite
Show Me the Money – Financing Options for your Small Business – April 27 11am
This class discusses the multiple sources of capital for starting and growing a small business. The pros and cons of the funding sources are reviewed. Topics to be discussed include familiar options such as self-financing, funding from friends & family, and partnerships. Other sources are reviewed such as:• Small Business Loans• SBA Loan Guaranty Program• MicroloansSome less conventional financing sources along with their pros and cons are also discussed, including selling equity (shares), venture capital, angel investors, and crowd funding.
Show me the money – Financing options for your small business Tickets | Eventbrite
SBA South Florida District
51 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 201
Small Business Administration (SBA) · 409 3rd St, SW · Washington DC 20416 · 1-800-827-5722